We are pround to accounce the following keynote speakers:
The Herman C. Krannert Professor of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School. He studies strategic interaction between organizations that operate different business models.
Professor of technology and innovation management at the University of St. Gallen (HSG), Switzerland since 2002. He is managing director of the Institute of Technology Management, the largest institute at HSG.
This is the preliminary program for the conference (changes might be done accordingly).
Evening: Conference Dinner (+ €60)
We are pleased to invite you to participate in one of the few dedicated Doctoral Colloquia on Business Models. The focus here is to raise the research quality bar within the field. The PhD Workshop organizers will be Professor Charles Baden-Fuller and Adjunct Professor Petri Ahokangas.
The Colloquium aim to provide doctoral students an opportunity to present and discuss their research with distinguished international faculty.
Morning: Welcome Speech, PhD Workshop #1
Midday: PhD Workshop #2
Afternoon: PhD Workshop #3 and #4
Evening: PhD Dinner
The Doctoral Colloquium track aims to bring the participants:
- Paper or PhD project presentations with faculty feedback
- Get expert feedback on specific challenges you face in your research
- Meet leading Business Model researchers
- Share experiences and build a network with other doctoral students
- Get first-hand experience of review processes
- Gain tips and tricks for finishing, finding a job and surviving the process
The Teaching Forum aims to provide scholars an opportunity to present or demonstrate innovative teaching approaches, formats and best practices for teaching business models.
We invite participants to the Teaching Forum at the Business Model Conference 2019. The Forum is a platform to spark inspiration and exchange among scholars and practitioners on how to introduce business model thinking to students, organizations, and the general public. The Teaching Forum aims to bring participants to:
- present or demonstrate innovative teaching formats and best practices for teaching business models, ranging from specific techniques to entire curricula
- present or demonstrate contributions on the usefulness of certain methods, models, tools or frameworks,
- spark collegial discussions on how to advance the use of business model thinking in teaching practice,
- share experiences and build connections with other scholars in the field of business models.
To participate as presenter, please send a brief expression of interest indicating a running title and short description (25-50 words) of your contribution to THIS EMAIL until 15 April 2019. We will shortly after that date get back to you with details on the session and venue.
The business tacks brings together top academic scholars and industry leaders and learn how to advance business model thinking in practice.
Participants will acquire the latest research-based knowledge on business models in a design that ensures a return on time invested, regardless of prior knowledge in the field. The track is a unique chance to get one step ahead of the trends, master the skills of designing scalable businesses of the future and enhance competitiveness in an ever-changing environment.
The 1-day company visit is specially reserved for a company visit of choice. It will be possible to visit a start-up to watch, a high-tech venture or a big corporate. These companies have been carefully selected to give you the best insight on disruptive business models, industry 4.0 or the portfolio of internationalization. Please note that is only possible to visit one company per person.
The program is relevant for all c-level executives, visionary leaders, project managers, business developers, innovators and consultants from both private and public organizations; in fact, all professionals that wants to network and get ready for tomorrows marketplace, as todays business model may not be relevant tomorrow.